LCVA is excited to announce the 2014 LC² Photo Contest Rules/Entry Form event is underway for La Cienega and La Cieneguilla (LC²) residents! Entries are being accepted through July 31, 2014 in the following categories:
- LC² Experience: Events, objects and activities connecting residents to our history, tell what it means to be a resident and provide a sense of what it is like to live in LC².
- LC² Living Off The Land: Events and activities associated with LC² acequia, farming and ranching traditions.
- LC² Natural World: Animals, plants, landscapes, geological, climatological features or scientific processes and endeavors within LC².
- LC² People: Individuals from all walks of life within LC².
- LC² Altered Images: Photographs within LC² manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e. colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, panoramas, HDR, etc.).
Five photos from each of the five categories (25 photos in all) will be selected as finalists and announced at the website on August 11, 2014. From August 11 through September 4, 2014, website voting will be held to determine the finalist photo that becomes the LC² Community Choice winner.
A slide show of all entries will be presented while everyone is dining during the community breakfast on September 6, 2014 to be followed by announcement of category winners, the grand prize winner and the community choice winner.
LCVA thanks Kathryn Becker, Bob De Young, Lee Manning and Paul Murray for judging and/or managing the contest. In addition, LCVA is thankful for the donations of contest sponsors, Kathryn Becker and Blue Lotus Works, LLC. LCVA is still accepting contest sponsors. Contact Carl Dickens or Bob De Young for more information.